Distance selling terms and conditions
We, W Livingstone Ltd of 34 New Edinburgh Road, Uddingston, Glasgow, G71 6BS (“the Supplier/We”), offer to supply goods and/or services to the Consumer (“You/Your”) under the principles of the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
A contract is considered to be a ‘distance contract’ where contact between the Supplier and You makes exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the moment at which the contract is concluded. A contract is concluded at the point where We have made an offer to You, You have accepted that offer and You have made either partial or full payment.
This is in addition to your other statutory rights. It is the Supplier’s responsibility to supply you with goods that meet your consumer rights and to carry out services with reasonable care and skills.
As the Supplier, prior to the conclusion of the contract, We will provide You with:
- The full company name, postal address and contact details
- The total price of the goods and/or services including all taxes
- The main characteristics of the goods and/or services
- Delivery costs where appropriate
- The arrangements for payment, delivery or performance (where appropriate) and the time that We will take to deliver the goods or perform the services
- Any additional costs for using a specific means of distance communication
- The period for which the offer or price remains valid
- Where appropriate, the minimum duration of the contract, in the case of contracts for the supply of goods or services to be performed permanently or recurrently, or the fixed duration of the contract
- Where a deposit is required, any applicable terms and conditions
- A copy of the complaints-handling policy
By the point of collection or delivery, We will have advised You of any after-sales services or guarantees that are supplied with the goods or services and any applicable conditions.
You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire 14 days after:
- The conclusion of the contract, in the case of services
- The day on which You acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by You acquires, possession of the goods
To exercise the right to cancel, You must inform the Supplier of Your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email). You may use the this model cancellation form but it is not obligatory. You can contact the Supplier at:
34 New Edinburgh Road, Uddingston, Glasgow, G71 6BS
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for You to send Your communication concerning Your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
If You cancel this contract, We will reimburse to you all payments received from You. We may make a deduction from the refund if the goods have lost value due to unnecessary handling or damage by You.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day We receive back from You any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day You provide evidence that You have returned the goods, or
- If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which We are informed about your decision to cancel this contract
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as You used for the initial transaction and You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
You shall be responsible for sending back the goods or handing them over to the Supplier without undue delay and, in any event, not later than 14 days from the day on which You communicate Your cancellation from this contract to the Supplier. The deadline is met if You send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. Goods should be returned to the Supplier’s registered business address. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. This can vary depending on Your geographical location.
In the case of a contract for services, if You requested to begin the performance of services during the cancellation period, You shall pay the Supplier an amount, which is in proportion to what has been performed until You have communicated your cancellation request to the Supplier, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
You will not have the right to cancel if:
- The supply of goods and/or services is dependent upon fluctuations in the financial markets, which are beyond the control of the Supplier
- The goods are bespoke or personalised to Your specification except where Your specification has been formed of stock items
- The goods have been combined with other goods after delivery and are now inseparable
- Audio, video recordings or computer software have been unsealed, and were sealed at the time of delivery
W Livingstone Ltd is a family-run business, which takes pride in delivering excellent customer service – we offer our customers a ‘one stop shop’ facility as we can directly look after every aspect of your car’s needs from the day you take delivery.
However, on the rare occasion something goes wrong, we want to try and resolve the situation. So, if you have a complaint, please get in touch with our Customer Service Director by:
- Writing to 34 New Edinburgh Road, Uddingston, Glasgow, G71 6BS
- Sending an email to email@example.com
Our Customer Service Director will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and will aim to get you a full response within 5 working days. We will ensure that you receive a final response no less than 8 weeks after making your formal complaint.
If we are unable to resolve your concerns, we are accredited to The Motor Ombudsman’s Codes of Practice for Vehicle Sales and Service and Repair and are willing to engage with them if you want to take things further. You can find more information on The Motor Ombudsman, including how to make a complaint and the full Code of Practice booklets, at www.themotorombudsman.org or you can call them on 0345 241 3008. Please ensure you complain to them within 12 months of receiving our final response.
If your complaint relates to the sale or terms of a finance product, you may have the right to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service. You can find more information on the Financial Ombudsman Service at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or you can call them on 0800 023 4567. You must refer your complaint to them within 6 months of receiving our final response.
We want to accommodate the needs of all our customers so please let us know if there is anything we can do to adapt the way we communicate with you.
W Livingstone Ltd
29 January 2019