When you buy a new SEAT from a SEAT dealer, your new car is covered by a three-year/60,000 miles Standard SEAT Vehicle Warranty, but if you take out a SEAT Extended Warranty before your new car is registered, you’ll get the same level of cover for up to five years.
You can choose a SEAT Extended Warranty to last until the end of the fourth year/up to 75,000 miles or until the end of the fifth year/up to 90,000 miles, whichever is soonest.
And as prices are likely to go up over the years, you could be saving even more money by purchasing your extended warranty at the same time as you purchase your car.
What Does This Extended Warranty Include?
- Exactly the same cover as the original manufacturer cover
- No limit to the number of claims you can make, no excess and no need to ‘pay and reclaim’ (within UK*)
- Repairs carried out by a member of the SEAT authorised network using SEAT genuine parts
- Fully transferable to the new owner (and subsequent owners) should you sell your car – enhancing the resale value of the car
- Simple process to have the repairs done, just contact your SEAT dealer and take your policy with you when you drop your car off
*When travelling within the EU you will need to pay for the repairs and then claim the costs back from a UK member of the SEAT authorised network. Repairs must be carried out by a member of the SEAT-authorised network in the country you are visiting.
Terms, Conditions And Claims Procedure
When you purchase a new SEAT from an authorised SEAT dealer in the United Kingdom, your new car will automatically be covered by a three-year Standard SEAT Vehicle Warranty, consisting of a two-year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty and a third-year warranty/60,000 miles limitation.
The following terms and conditions will apply when a fourth-year/75,000 mile or fifth-year/90,000 mile Extended SEAT Warranty is purchased on a new car before the vehicle is registered. This warranty will terminate at the end of the extension period (from the date of original registration) or once the mileage has been exceeded, whichever comes soonest.
Your vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s technical guidelines, and within 30 days or 1,000 miles of the recommended intervals. Any damage to, or defect in, the vehicle caused by poor or insufficient servicing will not be remedied under the vehicle’s warranty. Please ensure that you maintain sufficient records to enable the SEAT authorised network to confirm that the vehicle has been appropriately serviced. In any event, please ensure that the service schedule in your Inspection and Maintenance Plan booklet is stamped by the business carrying out the service work.
SEAT dealers offer great value fixed-price service and maintenance for SEAT cars 1-15 years old – for full details and to book online visit www.seat.co.uk/serviceoffers.
Should a defect in manufacture or workmanship occur with your vehicle during the warranty period, a member of the SEAT authorised service network (whether or not they were the original supplying Dealer) will carry out any remedial work that is required under the warranty free of charge. Any part that is replaced becomes the property of SEAT. The replaced parts are covered for the unexpired period of the warranty.
The only preconditions are:
- Normal wear and tear service items are excluded from the warranty cover
- If you have modified the vehicle by the addition of accessories or other equipment, you may be charged for the removal of such equipment, if so required to effect a repair
- The warranty of the vehicle is not affected by any change of ownership of the vehicle
Types of damage not covered by the warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Damage caused by your failure to take all reasonable steps to prevent mechanical damage from occurring, for example, taking appropriate action as detailed in your handbook in the event of warning lights illuminating.
- Damage or defects caused by not having the vehicle serviced in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Damage or defects caused by improper use of the vehicle, neglect or use of the vehicle for motor sports activities (including but not limited to motor racing, trials, durability tests, practice, speed testing and pace making).
- Damage caused by an accident
- Damage to paintwork or chrome caused by climatic, thermal, chemical, animal, bird or industrial pollution.
- Damage or defects caused by the addition of any part, accessory or software not approved by SEAT UK.
Items which are excluded from warranty cover include, but are not limited to:
- Components or equipment that are not part of the vehicle at the point of original manufacture.
- Fair wear and tear items such as brake pads, brake discs, brake and clutch linings, wiper blades, spark plugs, bulbs and fuses, tyres (see below)
- Fluids, oils and coolants (except as part of a valid repair).
- Bodywork, unless the vehicle is subject to the SEAT anti-perforation warranty.
- Cleaning and adjustment of any component subsequent to the first annual service.
Please also note that wheel balancing and wheel alignment will not be carried out under the terms of your warranty, as the frequency with which this needs to be done depends on driving technique and road conditions.
Routine maintenance and servicing is not covered by the warranty. Incidental or consequential losses such as hotel charges, loan car/car hire and loss of personal effects or income are not recoverable under the terms of the warranty. Tyres are subject to the warranty applied by the tyre manufacturer, and claims for these should be addressed through an authorised agent of relevant manufacturer.
If a defect should occur on your vehicle please contact any SEAT authorised service outlet and arrange to have the defect resolved as soon as possible.
Should your SEAT suffer a manufacturing defect covered by the warranty while outside the United Kingdom, the repair must be carried out by a member of the SEAT authorised network in that country. The cost should be settled by you with the repairer and a claim made for reimbursement through any member of the SEAT authorised network in the UK within seven days of your return to the UK.
The SEAT service outlet will contact SEAT UK and if the failure is covered by the warranty, reimbursement will be made.