The third-generation Leon unveiled at the 2012 Paris Motor Show and launched in the UK in March 2013 has been an instant success with both customers and the motoring press. Auto Express even crowned the new Leon as their Car of the Year 2013.
SEAT Leon awarded Auto Express Car of the Year
The new generation Leon’s stunning looks, high-quality interiors and new engines combine fun driving with fantastic economy and low CO2 emissions.
While the new model is shorter in length than the previous model, its longer wheelbase results in a more spacious interior. It’s also the first car in its class to offer full LED headlights, and it features a ground-breaking driver drowsiness detection function and an automatic lane-keeping assistant.
FR and Cupra models come equipped with SEAT Drive Profile, a system that allows the driver to alter the characteristics of the power steering, throttle and, where a DSG gearbox is fitted, the gearing.
There is a choice of four trim levels (S, SE, FR and Cupra), manual and DSG transmission and with the introduction of the ‘Ecomotive’ model, CO2 emissions from as low as 87 g/km.
Take a look at the stunning New Leon in this short clip
Built on the Volkswagen Group’s MQB platform, the Leon sets a new dynamic benchmark. It hits the scales at around 90 kilograms lighter than its predecessor, model-for-model.
|Wheelbase||2,636 mm||2,578 mm||2,602 mm|
|Length||4,263 mm||4,315 mm||4,482 mm|
|Width||1,816 mm||1,768 mm||1,706 mm|
|Boot volume||380 litres||330 litres||550 litres|
At the greenest end of the spectrum, the Leon 1.6 TDI 110 PS SE Ecomotive returns 85.6 mpg and 87 g/km*, while even the most powerful version, the 2.0 TSi 280ps Cupra DSG, boasts a startling average consumption figure of 44.1 mpg, with 149 g/km CO2* – helping it to complete the 0-62 mph benchmark in a rapid 7.5 seconds.
Available with five- and six-speed manual gearboxes, as well as the highly efficient and quick-shifting DSG twin-clutch automatic, the Leon range offers an outstanding choice for every driver. For full information on trim levels and technical specification, download the latest brochure here
All Leon audio systems feature SEAT’s newly developed Easy Connect with Human Multimedia Interface (HMI):
- Five-inch colour touchscreen
- Carousel style display menu with swipe functionality
- Voice recognition
You can download the media system booklet for the new Leon in our brochures section.
- MP3 compatible CD player
- SD card slot
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Bluetooth hands free phone
Optional upgrades also include:
- Navigation (standard in Cupra 280)
- 10-speaker SEAT Sound System
- Signature LED daytime running lights and taillights, fitted as standard on FR and Cupra models, accentuate the Leon design
- For the first time in this segment SEAT fits full LED headlights as standard on both Cupra models and as an with SE and FR models. This option is usually found in the luxury segment
- Full-LED headlight option
- Daylight-like beam with uniform beam pattern reduces eye strain and driver fatigue
- Superior illumination to halogen (similar to bi xenon) and with longer service life, dispensing with high voltage system USP usually found in the A-segment, resulting in lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- LEDs are maintenance free and have a much longer service life compared with normal bulbs
SEAT Drive Profile
- Unique to FR and Cupra models
- SEAT Drive profile enables driver to pre-select entirely different vehicle characteristics at the push of a button
- Enhanced on Cupra models to include Dynamic chassis control and progressive steering – learn more
- Characteristics altered:
- Steering response
- Throttle response
- Ambient lighting – from white to red
- Engine sound (180PS engines and above only)
- Gearshift behaviour (DSG models only)
For full details or to book a test drive call our Sales Team on 01698 225055 or fill out the test drive request form
*Standard EU test figures for comparative purposes and may not reflect real driving results. Fuel consumption test results and CO2 emissions are all listed in the relevant vehicle brochure which you can view on our brochure page. More information on how fuel consumption tests are carried out is available here on or on the SEAT website at www.seat.co.uk and at www.vca.gov.uk.